Friday, October 30, 2009

Flashback Friday

It's Flashback Friday Y'all!!!
July update

After a two week hiatus we are back and this edition is special; it's the, much anticipated, birthday edition!! So, needless to say, this Flashback Friday really has nothing to do with Danny and I (good thing we had nothing going on in July) and everything to do with Ms. Emerson. July was pretty much a slow month for the Dever's except for the week of Emerson's birthday.  We did have a great July 4th with Grammy and Papa and had some fun at their neighborhood park.  Emerson got her birthday present early this year, in the form of a big sandbox.   Thanks again to Jasper, our house builder, for making such a great sandbox.  Emerson loves it!!  We had an incident with cows at Fearrington Village and working toward getting Emerson more comfortable around cows :) !!! Emerson moved from the toddler room to the 2 year old classroom.  It was a very sad day for Mommy, Emerson did great!!  We did some bowling with the Hermans and with Grammy and Papa on two different days.  We also had some pool (baby pool, that is!!) time with Mimi and Birdie.  All-in-all, a pretty low-key July, except for, oh, that big birthday party we had. 

Emerson's real birthday is July 9th but we celebrated on July 11th with a Luau party.  We had about 40 kids and adults over to celebrate the big day. Birthday planning is so fun and I tend to go overboard, go figure!!  I think the event was a huge success and I think everyone had a great time.  I was fortunate enough to have Mindy Church and Jordan Shamp of then, Mindy C. Photography (they have since changed their name to JAM Photography) take pictures.  They did an excellent job and I am so glad I have those pictures to cherish and SHARE WITH YOU!!  So, without further ado.....I give you the annual birthday slide show!! July picture link is at the bottom of the page!

Please make note, to view this slide show you will have to install the photodex installer...I had my neighbor, Amy, test it out and it only takes two seconds to install and run...then you can see the high quality version of the slide show.  If for some reason you can't get the slide show to work, email me and I will figure out a way to get it to you!!


(Click here for Photodex version; once on the website, click on the middle show "Aloha")


(click here)


No comments:

Post a Comment