Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Patchin'

Yesterday we headed to Ganyard Hill Farm for some pumpkin patching fun with the Herman Family, which is becoming a yearly tradition, as we went with them last year too.  I told Emerson earlier in the week that when Daddy got back from his trip, we were going to go to the pumpkin patch with Ivie.  Needless to say, ever since that conversation, Emerson has done nothing but talk about going to the "punkin patch" with Ivie.  Well it was a beautiful "fall" day...a bit chilly at first, but then it turned out to be gorgeous.  I am not sure if it was the gorgeous fall colors of brown and orange or the gorgeous children we had as our subjects, but picture happy Amy and I took 860 pictures between the two of us.  So needless to say, editing was a bit of a challenge, as there wasn't a bad picture in the bunch.  

We all had a ball picking out pumpkins, riding on hayrides, climbing on bails of hay, sliding on slides and navigating through mazes.  I hope all 7 of my collages tell the story better than any of my words could.  Until next year.....


The sights (and sites) of Ganyard Hill Farm



Some of my favorite shots of Emerson with the Herman Girls (Ivie and Macie)



Emerson's Adventures on the farm







Wow, what a difference a year makes....check out pics from 2008 and then 2009.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the comparison pics from year to year! GREAT idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day looks like it was perfect! I am glad Emerson, Ivie and little sis had such a good time. "Diamond" is looking forward to visiting next week! Great pictures - only 860? pish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures of the kids and the pumpkins!!!!!

    ReplyDelete