Friday, November 27, 2009

Emersonisms

My Toys
If you haven't read my previous "A New Puppy" blog, you might want to do that before reading this (or it might not make much sense to you). 

Today, as we were getting ready to go out and do some shopping, Emerson stopped Danny and I on the stairs.

Emerson: I want to go to Grammy's house! 
Danny: I think we will go there later today, but we are going to go shopping now.  Why do you want to go to Grammy's house?
Emerson: I want to play with my toys!
Brooke:  What toys?
Emerson: My toys!
Danny: What toys do you want to play with?
Emerson: (head to the floor, looking out of the top of her eyes, with a slight sly grin) BRUTUS!!

Big Bird
Yesterday, Emerson and I were upstairs when she went into her room to get a book. 

Emerson: Mommy, I gonna go get my Big Bird book.
Brooke: Okay, who is Big Bird, Emerson? (i know who it is, but wanted to see what she would say)
Emerson: (with a very authoratative voice) Mommy, Big Bird is Elmo's brother!!

No comments:

Post a Comment