Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

As most families in America, we celebrated Halloween last night.  This year was the year that Emerson actually GOT IT, so she was super excited to put on her ladybug costume and Trick-or-Treat. 

The ladybug costume is a story in itself.  I bought a very cute ladybug costume at a consignment sale, but when I got it home, it wasn't as cute on her as it was on the rack.  (So, if anyone needs a 2T ladybug costume for next year, just let me know.) Plan B, I will buy a ladybug costume and just "fix it up" a bit.  Mimi ended up buying Emerson a ladybug costume that was super cute.  I got it home and kind of forgot about it but then decided I should probably try it on her (good thing I did), it didn't fit.  It was also too big, so I pulled out my sewing machine and tried to take it in with darts.  Emerson tried it on again, still too big; I took it in again, shortened the sleeves, and moved/added velcro so it made the costume smaller.  I was pretty sure Emerson was getting sick of trying on her ladybug "hostume" (as she said), and she wouldn't want to wear it on Halloween night but the last time she tried it on, it fit great!!!  I also added some bling, in typical Brooke style!!  So, although the costume wasn't homemade, I would like to claim that I did have a lot to do with it and spent most every night last week doing something to that costume. 

Okay, on to the night at hand....We started the evening off with dinner.  The Hermans, Mimi and Birdie, and Grammy and Papa all came over for some yummy treats or should I say "Mummy" treats.  Amy got all crafty on us and made these adorable Mummy Dogs for dinner and I provided the sides.  (Check out her blog here for her other crafty treats she made this Halloween.)






I had to get one BEFORE picture of Emerson before it was time to put on her costume.  (I really just wanted a picture of her in curlers since I didn't have one yet.) 




After dinner, it was a mad rush for all the girls to get on their costumes and then we were out the door to do some trick-or-treating; all 12 adults and 4 kids, we were joined by the Hermans, the Cherry's (x 2), the Bandys, and the NC Devers.  We headed up the street to the neighborhood party and then on to the neighborhood across the street for some trick-or-treating.  Emerson had so much fun this year because she actually knew what was going on.  She loved going up to doors and saying TRICK-OR-TREAT and loved that she got candy in return.  The girls couldn't wait until they got home for some candy, so they all indulged in a lolli while they were out.  All-in-all, it was a great Halloween, it was warm, the rain held off and everyone had a great time.  I think I will let the pictures tell the story, as they will do a much better job than I could do.  Until next year...hmm, better start thinking about THAT costume NOW!!!

The Decor


Our Ladybug







Ivie, Macie and Will
 (the other trick-or-treaters)


Trick-or-Treating




The Families


The Loot

No comments:

Post a Comment