Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Birthday!!

Eleven years ago today, my FIRST baby was born.  Cute, cuddly, soft and so precious; from the moment I saw this little one, I fell instantly in love.  Hogan was originally intended to be a present for Danny (Christmas 1998), but he was really for both of us.  Hogan quickly became part of the family.  He loved playing ball, swimming, doing tricks, and sleeping (he is a great sleeper).  Hogan became the 3rd body in our bed and to this day, still sleeps at (or more like on) my feet.  He traveled with us to Florida in the car (numerous times), and sat in my lap most of the way.  He loved playing in Danny's parents yard and spent hours running after tennis balls.  He even got an extended vacation to Florida when Danny broke his leg, and his parents took Hogan for the 3 months Danny was on crutches.  Hogan would come to my parents house and play with his girlfriend, Chloe (my parents dog at the time).  He and Chloe grew a very close love/hate relationship and it was so funny to see them fight, but realize that they really loved each and missed it when the other was gone.  Hogan was also there, and adjusted, after each of our 5 moves into new places.   

The biggest adjustment Hogan has had to endure, though, was the welcoming of another person into our family.  Yes, Hogan was our baby for 9 years but 2 years ago Emerson came in and that all changed.  Hogan has been a wonderful dog and has really been great with Emerson.  We couldn't have asked for him to be better.  He patiently waits for Emerson to drop her food on the ground, he endures her chasing him around the house, and he has even adjusted to not being the #1 baby anymore.  It's hard, because I told myself that I wouldn't let him become second fiddle when Emerson came, but I was fooling myself.  Although, Emerson is our #1, I still love Hogan with all my heart and I still love it when he jumps on the bed to cuddle.  He has been such a wonderful dog and he deserves a proper Birthday blog post!!!  We love you Hogan...a frosty paws (dog ice cream for those of you without dogs)  is waiting for you in the freezer!!!


Happy Birthday, Hogan!!!

Hogan through the years


Hogan and Emerson

3 comments:

  1. YOU WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER FRIEND AS LOYAL AS YOUR AS YOUR DOG. IN HIS EYES YOU CAN NO WRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are so cute - I love the ones of Emerson with the dog. You will love looking back at those someday!

    ReplyDelete