Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Brunch

Last Sunday, Emerson, Mimi and I traveled down to Fearrington Village to have Sunday Brunch with Ms. Betsy.  It is always nice to go back to Fearrington, since that is where the Bandy/Cantrell story started.  It is hard to believe that our family friendship has been going strong for over 30 years.

My Mom and Dad (Mimi and Birdie) lived next door to Betsy and Terry when they were all newlyweds in Fearrington.  (Actually, the story started earlier than that for my Dad and Betsy; they attended two years of Gardner-Webb University together, but didn't know they would end up living next to each other years later.)  Naturally, as neighbors, they became great friends, especially when they were pulling their dogs Tucson and Eitzel apart from fighting.  It also helped that my Mom and Betsy had nursing in common and worked at the same hospital...I think, to this day, they probably talk on the phone at least once a day.  My mom got pregnant with me and then after my arrival, Betsy decided she wanted a baby.  Two years later, Katie was born and later Betsy went on to add Jon.  Our families have been through so much together, both good and bad: family trips to the beach, camping, moves to new houses, moves to new states, Christmases, Thanksgivings, weddings, babies (well, baby - we are waiting Katie and Eric), deaths, cancer, dogs, jobs, and the list goes on and on.  We are so fortunate to have the Cantrells as friends and I am so happy that we now have a third generation to join in the crazy fun and Sunday brunches!!

Emerson always has a great time at brunch.  We always eat at The Old Granary and then walk around to all the stores and shops and eventually we make it to the gardens for some running around.  I hope we can have many more Sunday brunches with the Cantrells, back where it all began!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment