Sunday, December 20, 2009

Disney on Ice

Last Saturday (12.12.09) we took Emerson to Disney on Ice's Let's Celebrate, her first ever "production" of this type. We are trying to acclimate Emerson to all the characters before our trip next month. We were joined by the Hermans, so Emerson was super excited to sit next to Ivie like a "big girl". Emerson really enjoyed herself clapping, laughing, and dancing to all the songs, only getting a bit scared when the Halloween Celebration started. This production was all about "celebrations" and included a Winter Wonderland with Mickey and Minnie, a Halloween haunt with the Disney villains, a very merry Un-Birthday Party, a royal ball with all Disney Princesses, and various holidays, celebrations from around the globe. We couldn't leave without a souvenir, right? So, during intermission Danny and Emerson ventured to the lobby to see what was available (there was a souvenir table about every 10 feet, so there was no way any parent was getting out of there without buying something). When Danny and Emerson returned to our seats, Emerson was carrying this spinning/light contraption. She loves it!! We had a great time and I can't wait to go to Disney World, Emerson is going to be in awe. I've included some pictures from the day. Luckily, I am getting to share these with you. Amy and I both got busted at various times during our excursion because of our cameras. I was told as we were entering the building that I couldn't bring in my 2nd detachable lens (well that sucks, what's a girl to do??), they said we would have to take it back to the car. So, being desperate for that lens, I turned to my husband and partner in crime and I sent him "back to the car" with the lens. But really I told him to go out and put the lens in his jacket and sneak it in (shhh, don't tell!). Luckily that worked and now I have great pictures to share with you. I am hoping there are many more of these productions in our future.
Everyone enjoying the show!!

A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You (to you!)

A Halloween Haunt

The Royal Ball
(with all the princesses and the fairy godmother)
Bibbity Bobbity Boo!!!

Mickey and Minnie's Beach Party
(Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride from Lilo and Stitch)
** if you've never heard this song, click on the link above to hear it.
You can't help but feel happy listening to it!!!

The Finale: A Winter Wonderland Celebration
The Souvenir!!

No comments:

Post a Comment