Wednesday, December 23, 2009

'Twas a Couple of Days Before Christmas...

Elf Mommy and Elf Daddy had Santa's Workshop in full steam mode on Monday Night.  Mommy was a wrapping fool and Daddy put together a Kidcraft Kitchen in a record 3 1/2 hours!!! Go Elfs!!

"Twas a couple nights before Christmas, and in the Dever house;
Mommy and Daddy were working, trying to be as quiet as a mouse.
The kitchen was being put together by Daddy with great care,
In hopes to convince Emerson that St. Nick will have been there.
With Emerson all nestled and snug in her bed,
Mommy and Daddy worked 'til they were almost dead.
Daddy with THE KITCHEN and I with gift wrap,
Knew it would be a long time before our winter's nap. 
Daddy was in our loft and I never heard a clatter.
This couldn't be right, something had to be the matter.
Putting together a kitchen was sure to make a clash;
40 pieces of wood would make me want to dash.
Mommy continued wrapping but her progess seemed slow,
She was worried about Daddy and his new kitchen foe.
When what to my wondering ears should I hear,
But a happy Daddy saying, "I'm all done in here, my dear!"
"What are you talking about, how did you do it so quick?"
"Well, my dear, I'm the elf of dear Old St. Nick!"
Mommy was baffled, the instructions did claim,
"Don't wait til Christmas Eve or you'll be ashamed!"
Not a curse word, not a sigh, no stomping about
Daddy looked at Mommy like he never had any doubt.
Without any frustration or yelling at all,
He finished it, he finished it, he finished it ALL!
Check that off the To Do list, and let out a sigh
I still wouldn't believe it, if I didn't see it with my own eye.
Now on to the presents, 'cause Mommy wrapped a few
an assortment of sizes, shapes and all different hues.
Mommy was busy too, yes, it's the truth,
Just look at the floor if you need the proof.
The presents were there all scattered around
Some of them single, others in a mound.
"Let's get going, we'll take them by foot,
Under the tree is where these presents will get put."
Mommy and Daddy were tired and about ready to crack
It was 1:30 in the morning and we were ready to hit the sack. 
But, how does the saying go? 'Tis the season to be merry,
Now where is that damn Clean-Up Fairy!
We hid the kitchen so it would not show,
and put the presents under our Christmas tree a glow.
We can't wait to see Em's reaction when she looks underneath.
Glad that task is over, whew, what a relief.
We've been up half the night, now, our legs feel like jelly
and I'm sure in the morning we're gonna look like helly!
We accomplished our mission, we were really quite stealth
That kitchen wasn't going to get put together by itself. 
Alright, Alright it's time for bed
I feel this slight pain starting at the top of my head.
We've checked off our list and done enough work
"There's plenty more to do tomorrrow!" I said with a smirk.
We got into bed and hit our sleeping pose
We are so glad this night finally came to a close
One last comment came out like a small quiet whistle
"Tomorrow, don't let me forget  to run the Bissel!!"
But, here we exclaim as we turn off our light
"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a GOOD NIGHT"

THE KITCHEN




THE PRESENTS


1 comment:

  1. All I can say is WOW. That's pretty impressive...

    ReplyDelete