Friday, January 22, 2010

Emersonisms

Taking a quick break from my Disney blog posts, I thought I would post some cute Emersonisms from our drive home from daycare this afternoon. 

Rockin' Out
I guess since it was Friday, and it was a long work week (even though it was only four days), I was rockin' out on the way to daycare this afternoon.  I tend to blare the music and sing really loud when I am by myself; it is a good stress reliever.  When we got in the car, Emerson asked if I would turn on some music.  I had quickly forgotten about my aforementioned rock out session and when I went to find a station, there was a small pause of silence and then, the music blared.  Emerson said, "Mommy, that music is really higher."  (meaning, it's too loud!) I turned the music down and said, "Sorry Emerson, Mommy was rockin' out on the way to get you."  "Rockin' out?" she asked.  I then proceeded to teach my 2 1/2 year old how to rock out, mommy-style.  With hands in the air and heads bobbing back and forth, Emerson and I rocked out the rest of the way home. 

I love you THIS MUCH
Emerson always asks about her Daddy on the way home.  Usually it ends in me telling Emerson that her Daddy is at work and will meet us at home.  She asked about her Daddy again on the way home today and I, again, told her he was at work and would be home soon.  I also told her that Daddy had to work tomorrow morning and that we were going to get to spend some time together.  Our conversation went like this:

Me:  Emerson, Daddy has to work tomorrow morning so it is just and me tomorrow for a bit.  What do you want to do?  Do you want to go to the museum?  We can play with your toys, and kitchen and we can go eat lunch somewhere if you want to. 
Emerson: Mommy, you love me?
Me: I love you very much Emerson Dever.  I love you THIS much.  (with my arms spread wide open)
Do you love me Emerson?
Emerson: Yes I do Mommy!
Me: How much do you love me?
Emerson: I love you THIS much, Mommy! (with her arms spread wide open)
Me: How much do you love your Daddy, Emerson?
Emerson: Mommy, I love Daddy TOO much!

Yes, Emerson, you are certainly a Daddy's girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment