Saturday, February 20, 2010

The ABC's of Me

Recently I saw this on a blog and I thought it was a great idea.  We've all seen things like this in our inbox and on Facebook from time to time.  So, since I talk about Emerson so much on this blog, I thought it might be fun for my readers to learn a bit about me and maybe Danny (if I can talk him into doing it).  Maybe the next time I get one of these via my email or Facebook...I will pay more attention to it, fill it out and post it here.  Enjoy!!

A - Age: 31 (32 in June - UGH!!!)


B - Bed size: King (although I've heard a queen is better for your marriage :)!)


C - Chore you hate: unloading and loading the dishwasher


D - Dog's Name: Hogan (he'll be 12 in November)- such a sweet dog!!


E - Essential start your day item: a Diet Coke (or any diet soda with caffeine)


F - Favorite color: Black (I know it isn't considered a color, but I do love it.  My close seconds would be pink, lt. blue, green - in that order)

 G - Gold or Silver: Why isn't platinum a choice?  I would say mainly silver but I did jump on the fashion bandwagon last year with some gold accessories!


H - Height: 5' 3" (Yeah, I'm really short)


I - Instruments you play(ed): Sadly, I don't play any, but if I could have the magical talent of playing an instrument, I would either play the guitar or the piano.  

 J - Job title: Events Coordinator, but believe me, that's just a title. You would be amused at some of the things I do on a daily basis.


K - Kid(s): if you read this blog and you don't know that then you haven't been paying attention.  For those of you that don't read this blog, I have an adorable, sweet 2 1/2 year old named Emerson!!


L - Living arrangements: Just the three of us and the dog in a house that I am constantly creating projects for


M - Mom's name: Wanda, but Emerson calls her Mimi


N - Nicknames: Brookey, and Danny's nickname for me is KiKi


O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: only when I gave birth to Emerson.  I stayed overnight when Danny broke his leg but I wasn't the patient, just a concerned girlfriend that slept in the hospital chair. 

 P - Pet Peeve: wow, too many to list. 

 Q - Quote from a movie: One of my favorite movie scenes of all time from the movie Pretty Woman...

R - Right or left handed: Right
Shop assistant: Hello, can I help you?

Vivian: I was in here yesterday, you wouldn't wait on me.
Shop assistant: Oh.
Vivian: You people work on commission, right?
Shop assistant: Yeah.
Vivian: Big mistake. Big. Huge. I have to go shopping now.



S - Siblings: no siblings here, I used to love being an only child but as I have gotten older, I really miss not having a sibling.


T - Time you wake up: wrong week to ask...this week it was 5:30 pretty much every day, but most weeks it is b/w 6:00 and 6:30. 


U - Underwear: Yes, but I hate cotton underwear!


V - Vegetable you dislike: Collards, actually, it really isn't fair to say I hate them, because i have never tried them...but by the looks of them, I can tell you I don't think I would like them.  Cauliflower would be a very close second.


W - Ways you drink your coffee: I don't drink it much, usually after dessert in a fancy restaurant; but when I do drink it, usually it's with cream and sugar substitute (splenda, equal).  I do love a Starbucks every now and then, though!!


X- X-rays you've had: Teeth, Brain (no, I'm not crazy, it was for migraines), lungs and ankle


Y - Yummy food you make: I don't "make" food often, but when I do, I think I'm a decent cook.  Turkey/Havarti baked sandwiches, breakfast casserole, several different desserts, Cosi Salad, Sausage Dip and many many more!!


Z - Zoo favorite: Elephants, tigers, and bears, OH MY!!!