Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Decluttering The Devers - March 2010

JUNK DRAWERS!!!  Every household is guilty of having at least one, usually found in the kitchen (although found in multiple places in our house).  It's the drawer that's a catchall for all kinds of things;  keys, safety pins, pens, garage door openers, chap stick, etc.  We have three in our kitchen alone and we have had them since about a week after moving in, which will be 6 years ago this September.  So, I decided to tackle these three drawers to hopefully reduce, combine, purge, and DECLUTTER!!

Our three junk drawers in the kitchen

I decided to take everything out of them and start from scratch.  It's always best to start with a clean slate.

EMPTY!!!

I threw everything on the island.  Check out the massive pile of stuff that came out of the three drawers....can you believe it??  After seeing the task in front of me, I decided to try and make similar or like piles, which I  am sure shocks all of you (ha!).  I put all the chap sticks together, all of Emerson's stuff, all the stuff to go upstairs in its proper place and so on. 

The Pile

The Organized Piles

Next up....THE TRASH.  You wouldn't believe all the stuff we threw away (and yes, I said WE...Danny helped out with this decluttering project). 


Voila!!!  A super organized "junk" drawer (notice I said drawer)!!  The Devers now have two free drawers in our kitchen.   I'm not quite sure what to do with myself or with the new drawer space.  I'm sure I'll figure it out though, there's got to be something I can put in those drawers to make them half useful.  It sure does feel  great to have these three drawers knocked out and checked off the to-do list!!

ONE very organized "junk" drawer


No comments:

Post a Comment