Monday, April 26, 2010

40 Odd Questions

You'll remember a month or so ago I posted The ABC's Me and The ABC's of Danny.  I got several emails from people that follow this blog (you know, the handful of you) telling me how much they enjoyed reading about the two people behind the most frequent blog subject, Emerson.  So, I thought I would continue the tradition with this cute little email that was sent to me by a sorority sister.  Although the email was titled 40 Odd Questions, I don't really think a lot of the questions are odd.  I hope you can learn a bit more about me and hopefully I will get to post Danny's answers soon.

1. Do you like blue cheese? Yummy...yes, I love it...especially on a salad or with a glass of wine or bubbly, but oddly enough, I would choose ranch dressing over blue cheese.  I only like blue cheese in its whole form, not in the dressing. 

2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? Yes, I will admit, I have and did smoke in college. Those are days gone by though, unless I am drinking then I get the craving every-now-and-again!

3. Do you own a gun? Yes, I guess technically I do.  It was given to Danny and he brought it into the marriage.  I don't know the first thing about it though.  One of the tasks on my short list is to learn how to shoot a gun.  I am still torn about my opinions of having one/not having one in the house with a toddler.  It sure does help me feel a bit more comfortable, though, to have it in the house when Danny is traveling as much as he is.  So "Killers" if you are reading this, know that Mommy Dever is "Armed and Semi-Dangerous" (ha!!). 

4. What flavor Kool-Aid was your favorite? Not a big fan of Kool-Aid...I never really drank it as a child.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? I do get nervous, although I'm not sure why.  They're humans just like us, right?

6. What do you think of hot dogs? I try not to eat hot dogs that often because they are so fattening.  We have switched to turkey dogs in our house.  I will say, though, there is nothing better than a good ballpark (at the ballpark, not the brand) hot dog, so I will indulge every now and then. 

7. Favorite Christmas movie? Crazy, because Christmas is my favorite time of year, but I don't have a favorite Christmas movie.  To be honest, I am not one to have favorites.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Diet Coke, Diet Mountain Dew, any really cold diet drink with caffeine in it (but not Diet Pepsi...just not a Pepsi girl).

9. Can you do pushups?  Not yet.  I can do the girly ones with my knees down.  Notice I said, not yet....it's a goal. 

10. Favorite hobby? Blogging?  Ha!! If anyone knows me, they would say it is SHOPPING and they'd be right, but I would have to say a close second would be this blog. 

11. Do you have A.D.D.?  Technically I was diagnosed with it in high school (when every other kid in America was diagnosed with it).  I would say I do have some tendencies of  A.D.D, but I have tried to work through them.  There are times, though, I feel like the A.D.D might be creeping back into my life, especially as chaotic as life is these days. 

12. What's one trait you hate about yourself? Well there are quite a few I am trying to work on....one of them is the fact that  it's hard for me to say "NO", but I am learning slowly and working on it. NO, see, I said it!!

13. Middle name? Brooke...yes, that's right, I am one of those people that goes by their middle name.  Since that doesn't give you much new info about me, my first name is Lindsey (and yes, spelled with an "e" not an "a".   

14. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? So much to do...where do I start?, On a roll now....MUST-MAKE-MYSELF-GET-UP-IN-THE-MORNING-AND-GET-ON-THE-TREADMILL and I can't believe my 8 year anniversary is tomorrow.

15. Name 3 drinks you regularly have? Water (with Crystal Light), any Diet Drink, an occasional glass of wine (damn, I'm starting to sound like a lush, but I swear I don't drink much).

16. Current hate right now? As my neighbor would say, "HATE is a strong word!" But I do hate that Danny and I have recently had to spend a bunch of money on things that aren't so fun to spend money on....air conditioner, car, termite prevention, refinance!! Yuck!

17. Favorite place to be? This is a hard question....it really depends on my mood.  There are times that the only place I want to be is at home with the two people i love the most.  Then there are times when I want to be out-and-about, traveling, experiencing new things, etc. 

18. How did you bring in the New Year? At Topsail Island with family...drinking wine (lush?), shooting off illegal fireworks and watching (and laughing at ) grown men converse in a hot tub. 

19. A place you would like to go? SOOO many places....but here are just a few on my list: San Fran/Napa Valley area, always up for a Vegas, New York or LA trip, Greece, Africa, Hawaii, back to the Caribbean, Italy...and the list goes on and on!!

20. Name three people who will complete this: Hmm, this question is pretty much for the email version of this questionnaire, but I do have some blog friends who might want to do this.  So if you do, feel free to link up and add your answers to these 40 Odd Questions.  (I've added a McLinky at the bottom of this post)
21. Do you have slippers? Yes, but I never use them unless my feet are really cold in the winter.  I am definitely a bare foot girl!!

22. What shirt are you wearing? Just got off the treadmill, so it is a very old t-shirt that I don't mind getting dirty or sweaty.

23. Do you like sleeping on satin? Sounds so exotic.  I've never slept on satin, so I wouldn't know what it feels like but I am sure it is luxurious. 

24. Can you whistle? Yes, but not great.

25. Would you be a pirate? Now this is an odd question.....probably not, I don't think attacking boats and stealing other's riches is really up my alley. 

26. What songs do you sing in the shower? I really don't sing in the shower...I usually plan out my day or make my mental to-do list, totally a sign I need to chill out and relax more, right?

27. Favorite girl's name? Again, I don't have favorites but I tend to lean toward different names (not different like Sunshine, but different like, well, Emerson).  I love using last names as first names: Sloan, Smith..etc.

28. What's in your pocket right now? I have on workout pants...no pockets in those. 

29. Last thing that made you laugh? Last night as we were getting Emerson ready for bed, she was watching a Mickey Mouse on our bed. Danny and I were at the computer looking at something, Emerson comes to the end or our bed, looks out into the landing area and says, "Hey guys, don't forget about me...." For some reason, it cracked us up. 

30. Favorite bed sheets as a child? Uhhh, another odd question...don't know many kids who have favorite bed sheets.  I did have a pillow and blankie that was given to me by my grandmother. 

31. Worst injury ever? I am so lucky to say I have never had a bad injury.

32. Do you love where you live? You mean city or house?  Actually, at this very moment I do love them both...but Danny would tell you that changes monthly!!

33. How many TVs do you have in your house? I am embarrassed to say that we have 4 televisions in our house. 

34. Who is your loudest friend? That would be Ann Johnson...but it is a good and funny loud.  The kind of loud that makes you grin from ear to ear.

35. How many dogs do you have? Just one dog...our ever present, super cuddly, often barky Labrador/Springer Spaniel mix named Hogan.

36. Does someone have a crush on you? I hope after our almost thirteen years together (eight, of which have been marriage) that Danny stills has a crush on me.  Do you Danny?

37. What is your favorite book? Book?  What's that?  I haven't read one of those in 2 years and 9 months...wonder why?  I'm lucky if I even get to skim my subscription to US Weekly!!

38. What is your favorite candy? Again, I don't do favorites (too limiting).  If I had a ton of candy in front of me to choose from, I would more than likely go for the plain M&M's.

39. Favorite Sports Team? Uhhh, this is a dumb question....Tar Heels!!!

40. What song do you want played at your funeral? This is certainly an odd question as I have never really thought about it, and don't really want to think about it....I'm going to leave this one blank!

No comments:

Post a Comment