Friday, April 30, 2010

Decluttering The Devers - April 2010

April was a VERY busy month in the Dever household.  VERY BUSY!!!  I think we actually spent more time cluttering up our house, rather than decluttering it.  So, due to our schedules and time, I picked a pretty simple and easy decluttering project for this month.  And, as you can tell by my late night post on the last day of the month, I waited to the very last minute to work on this project. 

See this shelf, these are my recipe books and above that is my recipe PILE!!  Yes, I said it, my Pile O' Recipes.  You know, all the recipes you pull out of Southern Living, get from a friend, print off the internet, jot down at a party...yes, all of those are in that pile.  The funny thing is, those are usually my "go to" recipes; the ones I use more often than the recipes in the books below. 

The Pile O' Recipes out of its hole and ready to be sorted. 


I sorted all the recipes into categories.  The categories I chose to use for my recipe binder were: Appetizers, Bread, Side Dishes, Dips/Marinades, Soup/Salad, Pasta, Chicken, Beef, Main Dishes, Breakfasts, Desserts, and Beverages. 

I used the recipe binder printables from Prudent Baby for my spine label and front cover.  Then for the dividers, I used regular Big Tab dividers.  If I can find cool dividers like Prudent Baby used, then I will replace the Big Tabs, but they'll have to work for now.  Prudent Baby's post for a recipe binder was super helpful and her printables are great...you can find those here and here.

THAT'S IT...short, sweet, simple, and to the point.  I can't wait to keep adding recipes to my new binder and hopefully, start a second one if this one gets too full!!  Now, if I can just find time to start cooking some of those recipes!!! 

1 comment:

  1. oh, this is just what i needed to see. i have a very similar pile......
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete