Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dyeing Easter Eggs

Saturday afternoon, we decided to dye Easter eggs (our first annual attempt).  I really can't remember the last time I dyed Easter eggs, probably before I was in college.  Emerson was a tad too young last year to really "get it", but this year she was ready.  Emerson had a great time watching the eggs turn from white to yellow, pink, or blue.  You'll never guess her favorite was PINK (ha!).  We used the magic crayon to write her name on an egg and she used the crayon to "draw" on an egg.  We put stickers on several eggs and we used metallic sheets of paper to create "gilded" eggs (those were my favorite).  It was a great way to spend some time outside on a Saturday afternoon with two of my favorite people (ahem, three if you count Hogan). 

No comments:

Post a Comment