Saturday, April 3, 2010

A New 'Do!!

Thursday (after school) we had a milestone in the Dever household, Emerson got her FIRST haircut!!! Can you believe I waited 2 years, 8 months, and 8 days to get her hair cut? I’m not sure why I waited so long, maybe it officially didn’t make her a baby anymore, you know the whole one more milestone off the list. (I’ve had a lot of these feelings lately…hard to come to grips that I now have a full-fledged toddler and not a baby anymore.) So, anyway, I made the decision we had to get Emerson’s hair cut; her hair was getting stringy and thin at the bottom and very knotted because of all the, ahem, TWIRLING she does. So off we went for Em's first haircut.

We invited Papa to come along with us. For most of his adult life, Papa was a barber in Florida. It’s kind of been a tradition for him to perform first haircuts; he did first cuts for Uncle Ed (Danny’s brother), for Danny, for Corey (Emerson’s cousin), and for too many family friends to count. I wanted to keep the tradition alive and let him participate in Emerson’s first haircut; something I knew he would cherish and she would cherish one day. Most of Papa’s haircuts were on little boys and done with clippers, so he actually brought his shears and just made the first couple of cuts; Donna, the Peek-a-Do stylist, finished off the cut.  Emerson did a great job sitting still and watching the Dora video that Peek-a-Do provides for their little customers.  Emerson even got a dose of the princess treatment by getting glitter sprayed in her hair at the very end.  I am sure there are many more trips to the salon in her future.  OF COURSE I had my camera and captured every moment.  After all, it isn't everyday that my little girl gets her FIRST HAIRCUT.....

Getting ready.....



 The First Cut......


 Cutting Off Inches....

First Haircut Complete and Successful...!!!

Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment