Monday, May 31, 2010

Decluttering The Devers - May 2010

May brought another fairly simple decluttering project.  Actually, this is a project I do about every two months, but I am going to try to keep this one up....we'll see how it goes.  This month, we (yes, Danny helped) decluttered our dining room table.  April and May were super busy for us and our dining room table became a catchall for magazines, junk mail, Easter stuff, Emerson's school art, Beach Ball stuff and a bunch of other crap stuff.  I'm actually pretty embarrassed at how bad it got.  I found things I had forgotten about; my popsicle maker Christmas present from Amy (probably need to get that one in the freezer for the summer) and two gift certificates that I hadn't used.  Amazing the things you find when you take the time to organize.  So, Danny and I spent the majority of today (yes, I waited 'til the last minute to do this project) sorting, recycling, putting up, and throwing away all the stuff that had made it's home on our dining room table since the last time I did this project.  We even moved Emerson's play kitchen upstairs to, what will hopefully become, her play corner in our bonus room.  I've said it before, but this time I am really going to try to not put anything on my dining room table unless it's going to the Herman house in the near future, or going to the mailbox.  I'm probably setting myself up for failure but I am REALLY going to try.  Dinner party anyone??  I can actually host now!!!!

BEFORE
(embarrassing!!!)

AFTER
(Clean!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment