Saturday, July 31, 2010

Decluttering The Devers - July 2010

A couple of weeks ago, when I opened the refrigerator to make Emerson's lunch, I was alerted of an exploded soy sauce bottle leaking all over the back of the fridge and all the way down to the bottom.  There was soy sauce everywhere, even in the refrigerator light!  I took everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, out of the fridge so I could clean up the mess.  I took out all the shelves and the drawers and wiped down every inch of that fridge; it was a mess and a big undertaking. It might have been a blessing in disguise, because I can't tell you the last time I cleaned my fridge.  But through it all, I completely ignored the condiments organizers on our fridge door.  I guess I figured since they didn't get the soy sauce soak, so I would tackle it at some other time (not to mention, I had a toddler that was very eager to help but needed a nap BAD and Danny was conveniently playing golf).

So,fast forward to two weeks ago when we brought home the groceries after our normal Sunday morning Target run.  Out of necessity for space, it was finally time to tackle all of our condiments.  We had stuff in their from before Emerson was born...G - ROSS!!  I tried to find a picture of our door before (I didn't decide until the middle of the project that this would be my "declutter" for the month), but I couldn't find one.  Here's a look at all the items we got rid of.  And, since I won't let anything go in the trash if it can be recycled, I owe my husband a big thank you for being the official "pourer outer" and having to see and smell everything (yuck!).  (Remember, he DID get out of cleaning the fridge a few weeks earlier, but this was, by far, worse!!)


And here is the door after we threw away all of our old condiments (again, sorry there is no before picture).  This is so much better!!!  I really can't believe how many condiments we got rid of....what a waste!!  I will certainly label all of my condiments now!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment