Friday, July 9, 2010

Where did three years go??

It is so hard for me to believe that three years ago today, at this very moment (5:32 pm), my sweet baby girl was born and my life changed forever.  Seriously, where did the three years go??  I think I blinked and missed them. I cannot tell you how wonderful the past three years have been.  Emerson has brought so much joy to my life.  She is huggable, loveable, funny, giggly, inquisitive, bright, TALKATIVE, sweet, sometimes stubborn,full of personality (read: spit fire) and so very special to Danny and I.  Everyday she makes me a better person, and teaches me more about life than she will ever know.  I've grown up with her these past three years, and I hope I am a better person today than I was when she was born.

I've had a very hard time with this birthday.  I think three should be a milestone birthday, you know, like 16 is with driving, 18 is with voting and 21 is with drinking.  I think three should be the year you are officially not a baby anymore; we really have a full-fledged toddler now.  Believe me, I hung onto "baby" as long as I could (we just recently moved to a "Big Girl Bed"), but the time has come to say goodbye to all things baby.  No more diapers, not even pull-ups (except at night), no more bottles, no more crib....and while these are all good things, it makes me a bit sad.  With all these new exciting developments also comes some sad ones in my book, a little less snuggling, a daddy-phase that's gone on for a bit too long (if you ask me!!) and a bit more independence.  Don't get me wrong, I love to see her grow up and I love to see the little girl she is becoming, but I do miss my BABY!

So, as I write this with tears streaming, I just want you to know Emerson, you are the light of your daddy and mines eyes.  We have so much enjoyed the past three years with you.  You make us laugh daily, cry occasionally, sleep less, smile always, frown sometimes, love each other more, giggle uncontrollably, and appreciate everything that surrounds us.  You truly are a blessing to us and we can't imagine our lives without you in it.  We love you so, so much sweet girl and we can't wait to see what the next three years bring!!!

July 9, 2007

Emerson's First Year

Emerson's Second Year

Emerson's Third Year

July 9, 2010
Happy, Happy Birthday!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment