Sunday, August 8, 2010

It's The Little Things....

It's the little things in life that sometimes make you stop, take a breath, and appreciate everything around you.  On Friday, I was on my way to pick Emerson up from school.  I was about an hour earlier than my normal time because we were headed to an ice cream date with Aunt Di and Uncle Ed (more on that later).   About a quarter mile from Emerson's school there's a small lake on one side of the road and a small pond on the other side of the road.  Occasionally, in the mornings, we see deer hop across the road but I have never seen them in the afternoon, until last week when I was driving to school.  Well, on Friday, I saw the same two babies and (I am assuming) their mommy.  I was driving down the road and they just happened to be standing on the side, near the pond.  I quickly pulled my car over, and since I was headed to a photo opportunity with Emerson and ice cream, I had my camera with me.  I grabbed my camera and snuck up to the small deck on the edge of the pond to take a few shots.  How's the saying go, "Take time to stop and smell the roses!"  I'm sure glad I took the five extra minutes to catch this sweet moment with a Mommy and her two fawns!!

1 comment:

  1. what amazing shots! you are lucky you had your camera with you. I am glad you took time to stop and smell :)

    ReplyDelete