Friday, August 20, 2010

Show-and-Tell #49: Handy Manny Cellphone

I am so far behind in blogging right now.  So, this is last week's Show-and-Tell post.  As I may have mentioned in previous posts, Emerson loves Handy Manny.  I actually think she might have her first crush on him; I think she could watch him everyday and not get sick of him OR his talking tools.  So, on a recent trip to Target, Emerson had $1 to spend in the dollar spot, when she didn't find anything she liked there, we ventured to the toy section.  I knew there was a place that had small toys under $5.  We walked through several aisles and as we rounded the corner to the next aisle, with a shrill in her voice, Emerson exclaimed, "HANDY MANNY!!"  She looked at several of the toys, picked up this cellphone, held it up to me, and said, "Mommy is this a dollar?" Looking at the $12.99 price tag, I nodded my head and said, "Yes, it's a dollar." (I'm such a SUCKER!!)  Emerson put it in the buggy, kept her $1 close at hand and then promptly gave the $1 to the cashier at checkout.  I guess this is the start to learning the value of money, not sure it was a great lesson, but it was worth every penny to see her light up and grin ear to ear.  Priceless!!!

Show-and-Tell #49
Handy Manny Cellphone
August 13, 2010


Since I just loved this picture...
I thought I would put it in by itself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment