Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Show-and-Tell #'s 52, 53, & 54

I am pretty far behind in blogging (more than three weeks worth).  So to kill three birds with one stone (I've always hated that saying....I don't condone killing birds, but it gets my point across), I have decided to combine the last three Show-and-Tells into one blog post!!!



Show-and-Tell #52
Chloe
September 3, 2010
Chloe, or Lola as I called her, was my childhood dog.  She was a present from my mom and dad for Christmas my freshmen year of high school.  She was so cute and so cuddly, she was also pretty feisty and sometimes it was debatable if she was sweet or not.  Hogan and Chloe had a love/hate relationship; to be honest, my dad had that same love/hate relationship with Chloe.  She LOVED my mom, and you could usually find Chloe in my mom's lap or at the bottom of her bed. Anyway, while we had Chloe, one of my mom's nurses gave her this Ty Beanie Baby cocker spaniel.  This beanie baby sat on my mom's desk in her office for years.  Recently, in preparation for her retirement in December, my mom started to clean out her office.  She brought home "Chloe" and gave her to Emerson.  Emerson knows about Chloe and knows that before she was born, Chloe had to go to heaven. (We had to put Chloe to sleep a couple of years ago; that was a very sad day in the Bandy/Dever households).  So, recently Chloe has become a regular in the plethora of animals that sleep with Emerson.  We miss Chloe so much, I am pretty sure Emerson would have loved her, especially since she loves any dog she sees.  Miss you bunches, Lola!!!!
(Not the best picture of Chloe but still cute!!!)

Show-and-Tell #53
Belle
September 10, 2010
I was out of town on this date, and Danny had Emerson all by himself.  I must say, he did a great job, much to my worry.  It was Emerson's first week of preschool (which meant a new routine), first soccer practice, and dance class.  I was a very organized mom, and laid out everything for him by day, including all school outfits, soccer outfits, book bags, Show-and-Tell items, dance outfits, shoes, underwear, forms that had to be turned in, etc.  I didn't, however, remember to tell him to take a picture of Emerson on Show-and-Tell day, and I had the camera with me in Richmond.  So, needless to say, we don't have a picture of Emerson with her new beloved Belle, that was brought to her by her dad after his last trip.  We are quickly growing the princess collection in the Dever household.  



Show-and-Tell #54
Lambie
September 17, 2010
Lambie was given to Emerson by her Mimi when she was an infant and has been a permanent fixture on Emerson's dresser ever since.  You may remember a post, a long time ago, about Emerson and her first AMEN.  We started praying every night using Lambie, because when you press Lambie's belly, she starts in with our nighttime prayer.....

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the lord my soul to keep
May angels watch me through the night
Until I wake with mornings light

No comments:

Post a Comment