Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Emerson's First Movie

By the title of this post, you would think we have deprived our poor child of a movie her entire life. Totally not the case, we have just deprived her of the experience of seeing a movie in a movie theater.  You may remember we tried a year ago to see The Princess and the Frog on our last beach trip and ended up not seeing it because it was sold out.  This year, we certainly weren't making that mistake, so we got tickets on Fandango early and Friday afternoon, after our frolic on the beach and just in time for the weather to turn rainy, we headed to the movies to see Disney's Tangled

Tangled is the story of Rapunzel.  We opted for the non-3D version, thinking the movie theater would be experience enough for Emerson.  If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it.  So cute!!  The music was great and the animation even better.  Plus, it's a great story!! Emerson really seemed to enjoy it, too.  She loved her popcorn and Sprite.  You'll see in the pictures below the popcorn was as big as she is; she didn't even skim the top of it.  In fact, with three of us eating on it, we didn't even make a dent in it.  Danny says he got the big one for photography sake.  Emerson was more interested in her Sprite, a special treat for her since Mommy rarely lets her have soda.  She was perfectly content to sit there and eat her popcorn and drink her drink.  She didn't get scared at all, not that there are any scary parts, and wasn't much of a wiggle worm.  She ended up sitting in my lap for half the movie, which I was totally fine with!!!  If my husband won't cuddle with me at movies, at least my three-year-old will. 

On the way home, I asked Emerson if she enjoyed the movie.  (spoiler alert!! - don't read below if you don't want to know the end of the movie)

Me: Emerson, did you love the movie?
Emerson: Mommy, I loved the movie!!
Me: Good, I am so glad
Emerson: Mommy, I loved it but I didn't love it so much because the boy messed up her hair!!

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed it because I got to spend some good quality time with both Emerson and Danny (which is rare in our family) and it was another first to mark off Emerson's list.  I hope movies become a family outing on a regular basis!!

No comments:

Post a Comment