Wednesday, April 27, 2011

9 years and counting....

Nine years ago today I married the love of my life.  I certainly can't believe we have been married that long and together for almost fourteen years.  Wow!!  Last year, on this very day, I wrote a blog post about our wedding day.  One day when I actually get around to making my blog book, the post from last year will serve as a great reminder of my wedding day.  I am reposting it this year, so I can enjoy the post year after year.  I mean it's only fitting that I remember and relive one of the best days of my life on it's anniversary.  I love you Danny!!!  Thanks for nine-plus wonderful years!!

Repost from April 27, 2010
*Dates and numbers have been changed to reflect current year

I can't believe that nine years ago today, at this very moment, I had just walked down the aisle for our 6:30 pm wedding, said my vows, kissed my groom, and walked back up the aisle with him as husband and wife.  There are times when it feels like it was yesterday, and then there are times when it feels like it happened light years ago.  I CAN tell you, it was one of the best days of my life, besides the birth of Emerson.  We were very fortunate to have a wonderful and beautiful wedding.  It was so much fun for me to plan and everything turned out better than I could have imagined.  (It won't be hard for some of you to believe that I created 20+ planning word, excel, and publisher documents.)  We had great support from family and friends and were surrounded by love on our wedding day.  It was a heck of a party and we danced until it was time for the band to leave.  It brings a smile to my face just thinking about it.  Thanks Mom and Dad for making all my dreams come true...I truly felt like a princess (gown and all)!!!

I don't think Danny or I could have imagined that nine years, 3 houses, 2 new jobs for Brooke, 4 promotions for Danny, 1 major move (that Brooke never made) and one very special little girl later, we would still be just as in love as we were on our wedding day (maybe even more in love).  Don't get me wrong, things are not perfect (they never are) and we, like all couples, have had bumps in the road.  But, I can truly say, we are a team and we really work well together.  We balance out each other's strengths and weaknesses and we certainly are the best of friends.  It brings tears to my eyes to even think about the thought of losing Danny and having to continue in this world without him.  He is a wonderful husband and an even better father.  I love you with all my heart, Danny!!!

Our Wedding Day
a picture journey

The Church
I grew up going to this church, so it was very special for me to get married here. 

The Dress
I loved this dress...I knew the second I put it on, it was the ONE!!!

The Guys

The Bride

The Girls

The Kids

Our Parents

The Flowers

Almost Time
Here We Go...
6:30 pm, the bells chimed and we were off, down the aisle to get married. 
The Ceremony
We were so fortunate to have my late grandfather, Billy Beaver, as one of our officiants. 
He actually read our vows to us...very special!
We're Married!!
Everyone!!
I loved these pictures
The Arrival
We decided to have a Grand Entrance instead of a Grand Exit, especially since after the reception all we had to was walk upstairs to our room. 
The Cake
It looked great and was very yummy too!

The Toasts


The Guests
The Party
The Band
Katie had a great time dancing with the band. 
Sorry Katie, I had to do it, it's one of the best memories of my wedding. 

The End
Our favorite checkerboard hallway...the perfect place for pictures!

A great surprise from all of our attendants....our photographers did this without us knowing.

This was read at our wedding and I thought it would be nice to remember some of the words spoken to us about love.

On Marriage
by Kahlil Gibran

You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.
You shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Ay, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.

Love one another, but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,
Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
And stand together yet not too near together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,

And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    I still love your wedding pictures!

    ReplyDelete