Friday, November 25, 2011

Halloween Treats and a Parade

It's alright to post Halloween pictures the day after Thanksgiving, right?  Sure!!  Seriously, where did November go?  I thought it was supposed to be a slow month, but work has completely blown up and blogging has, well, not blown up!  To my (few) followers, sorry for the lack of blogging lately...life has been crazy and blogging hasn't been the first priority.  Anyway, I'm hoping to finish up the last few October posts and then start posting about November.  As busy as we were, I don't have many pictures from November, go figure!  Onward to "the post at hand"....

Halloween Treats
Thanks to my obsession with Pinterest, I was able to find super cute (and super easy) Halloween treats for Emerson's classmates.  With October being as crazy as it was, I needed a very quick and easy treat to produce.  I decided on Milano Ghost cookies (I did get some heat from my neighbor about not using Nutter Butters, but he didn't complain when I brought him over a plateful)!!  I tried out the recipe at our tailgate and knew they were a hit when I came home with an empty plate.  All 48 cookies were gone (thanks, in huge part, to Caroline Gwaltney who ate about 15 cookies that day).  Since they were a hit at tailgate, they would certainly be a hit with preschoolers!  Score...a super easy, super cute and super tasty treat for Halloween!!


Halloween Parade
The morning of Halloween, Emerson's school hosted their annual Halloween Parade. Now, when I say parade, I really mean the kids (in their costumes) marching out to the blacktop of the playground, running around in a circle and posing for some pictures.  But, they think it's a parade and they have a blast.  It's also a great photo opp for all the parents to get some pictures of their child with all their classmates.  Even though it takes all of 10 minutes (shorter than it takes me to change Emerson back into school clothes), it's worth seeing the smiles on all the kids faces!!!

Emerson was so excited to wear her costume to school.  

Emerson and her classmates awaiting the parade...

One last picture for Miss Brenda!!

Oh yes, we forgot who Emerson's mom was.....a lot more pictures for you all to enjoy.  Sorry they were too cute not to add to the post!!  She loved her costume!

All the silly girls in Emerson's class!!

Emerson and Reagan....screaming, "We Love Miss Brenda!!"  It was an attempt to get them to smile by Sean Giovanello...and it worked!!

Emerson's classmates (and then some)...we had a few extra kids from the three-year-old class.  

Reagan and her sister, Madison...they are too cute and look exactly alike!!

Emerson and Aurora....two peas in a pod and like sisters, with their love-hate relationship!

No comments:

Post a Comment