Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Holiday Festivities | Leading up to Christmas (Part two)

Friday, December 16th
After the school Christmas Pageant, we headed to Mimi's for dinner with Aunt Sissy, Uncle Perfect, Grammy and Papa.  Mimi hosted all of us for a great chili dinner.  The real work began when I got home, though.  I had a small holiday card fiasco and didn't get my cards until the day I was to leave town for Richmond (12/12).   So, needless-to-say, I didn't get to my cards until I got home from my work trip.  I took that Friday night and knocked them out.  Hogan decided he wanted to help (or hinder) the process!!

Saturday, December 17th
A Cookie Party
Emerson's friend, classmate, and swim-mate, Melania, hosted a cookie party on the 17th at her house.  It was such a great idea and certainly got the girls in the holiday spirit.  Rebecca, Melania's mom, had it very organized and had a spot ready for the girls to cookie cut their cookies and then decorate them.  We had a great time and came home with several delicious cookies....which didn't last long in the Dever household.  

Tar Heel Game
It's hard to believe Emerson is 41/2 and this past December was the first time she actually stepped foot in the Deam Dome to watch a home Carolina game.  Thanks to the Herman family, we were able to take in a game over the holiday break and Emerson had her first experience at a basketball game in the Smith Center.  Of course, she loved cheering on "her Heels" and watching Ramses, the cheerleaders and even Santa Claus.  Here are some pictures of our outing.  Thanks for the tickets Hermans!!
Tar Heel Basketball and Chick-Fil-A.....nothing better!!
Melts my heart!!
Fingers crossed we can add another very soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment