Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Tar Heel Outing!!

Last Saturday (9/3/11) was the start of football season here.  Wow, did I have two very excited people on my hands.  Danny loves football, so he has been ready since it ended last fall and Emerson loves to go see the Tar Heels play and join in the "TAR" "HEEL" chant.  The Hermans weren't going to be sitting in their seats for the first game, so they were very generous and gave us their tickets so my parents could sit with us (for those of you that don't know, the Hermans and the Devers have season tickets next to each other).  I couldn't believe we actually got my mom to agree to go to the game.  She swore off all sporting events with my dad a LONG time ago (he had, and sometimes still has, a very intense love of the game, especially when it comes to Tar Heel basketball!! - wink, wink).   But since Emerson was going, she was happy to tag along.  We headed out early that afternoon to take in Tar Heel Town and the Marching Tar Heels, then headed to our seats for the 3:30 pm kick-off.  It was a great day for a football game and the Tar Heels came out with a win!!  I took my camera with me (shocker, I know) to get some pictures.  I love our family outings to the game and I just love the smile it brings to Emerson and Danny.

It's always fun to run into friends at Tar Heel Town.  Raegan was super excited to see Emerson and the feeling was mutual.  They had a great time in both the bounce slide and the bounce obstacle course.

The Marching Tar Heels practice before the game.


The Bell Tower

We also ran into the Kidd Family.  Caroline, Gracie, and Emerson all got their faces painted at the GAA tent.  Emerson opted for the the Tar Heel foot and Caroline chose the Ram.

After face painting we had the opportunity to meet the "real" Ramses.  Emerson wasn't quite comfortable next to him for the first few pictures, but she slowly warmed up.

You can't go to a football game without popcorn, at least not in Emerson's eyes.  

Using Birdie's "Bi-knockers"...

The Marching Tar Heels

Here come the Tar Heels!!

She loves her Daddy!!

An impromptu photo shoot at the Bell Tower as we were leaving the game.  

Go Heels!!!

1 comment: