Monday, June 21, 2010

Twinkle Tots Dance Class

This past Saturday was a big day in the Dever Household....it was Emerson's first "official" dance class. You'll remember last weekend we headed to Southeast Dance Supply to pick up Emerson's dancin' shoes.  And most of my loyal readers will remember last August, when we did an unofficial dance class that didn't go as expected.  Well I am pleased to report Saturday's dance class went great.  Emerson had a blast.  She stood on her intended star, followed her teacher, laughed, twirled, danced, and most importantly didn't CRY!  I think this summer will be a great beginning to Emerson's dance future.  It helps a lot that her friends Aurora and Haegan are in the class with her.  They will have a blast and you better believe there will be many, MANY more dance pictures to come. 

 Ready for her first dance class 
(can you believe she picked blue over pink)?


Aurora and Emerson...so excited and cutting up before class!

Ready for class to begin!

Mommy snuck shots through the door and on the monitor!  
Check out those moves...

The last five minutes of class, they let parents come in to take some pictures...the girls showed off their twirling moves.


What better way to end the perfect Saturday morning dance class than with a "'lil angel" smoothie from Smoothie King.

And as much as I shouldn't show this picture, the story is just too funny to pass up.  While eating her smoothie, Emerson poked a hole in the bottom of her cup with her straw.  Needless-to-say, the smoothie got all over her ballet outfit.  We promptly removed it, as to not cause more of a mess.  I told Emerson we needed to go up and get more clothes on so we could run some errands.  I asked her to grab her shoes and head upstairs.  I walked into the kitchen for a minute and when I turned around, Emerson was gone.  I quickly went to see where she was and I found this (picture below) walking down our hallway.....with shoes on!!  At least she followed directions and the shoes were even on the right feet.  I couldn't resist the picture as tears ran down my face from hysterics!!  Emerson turned around to me and said, "Mommy, why are you laughing!" My answer, "'Cause Emerson, you are just too darn cute!!"  I still love that chubby butt and legs....still makes her a baby in my book!!!


My favorites from the morning!!!



I (HEART) THIS!!!  (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE)











1 comment:

  1. Hi! I came over from Carrie Williamson's blog, and I just love your photos. This post is so sweet. You take great pictures!

    ReplyDelete