Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Emersonisms

Keeping up with the Hermans

Emerson is very fond of Ivie and Macie's playground.  She mentions it at least once a day.  We try not to intrude on their playground time TOO much, but when we do, Emerson walks away very excited about playing and talks about it for days.  For the entire time they've had their playground, Emerson was pretty content with it being THEIR playground.  But recently, Emerson has begun mentioning that she would like her OWN playground.  Today, on the way home from school, Emerson and I had a conversation about said playground:

Emerson:  Mommy, can we play on Ivie's swing set when we get home?
Me: Emerson, I'm not sure if Ivie will be outside later so I don't know.
Emerson: Ivie's swing set has a slide and swings.  Mommy, I don't have a swing set. (with a very sad tone in her voice)
Me: No, Emerson you don't have one, but you do have a very cool sandbox.
Emerson: I do!!  I have a sandbox.  Mommy, when I get my swing set (not sure how she got this in her head) I want it to have two swings; one for you, one for Daddy, and one for me.  Mommy, I also want a slide and and jungle "gyn".  I don't need a sandbox, I already have that. 
Me:  Wow, Emerson that's a lot.  So you want one just like Ivie's?
Emerson: Yes, just like Ivie's, but Mommy, maybe we make mine bigger!

Ahh, already trying to keep up with the Joneses at such a young age!!

No comments:

Post a Comment